Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Forced Eviction

Note: This post was made at 2:45 pm of December 24, but the actual incident happened starting 10:30 pm of December 21 in my boarding house. I left the place for the Math Building by 12:15 am of December 22, thus the date of the blog.

I saw my stint in my boarding house ended in a flash.

Just because of me shouting at their pesky kid (naalimpungatan ako nu'n kaya naasar ako), my life became in danger because of the scathing threats of the son of my land lady, who was at that time was in the influence of alcohol. "Hihilahin ko 'yan palabas eh!", "Baka kung ano ang magawa ko sa kanya", and "Babayaran ko 'yang kuwartong 'yan, lumayas lang 'yan!" are some of his threats.

(Well, even if I was a bit scared of those threats dahil nga nakainom siya, I was not surprised of those kinds of words... nuknukan talaga siya ng yabang at mahangin, at kung sinong nagmamagaling. He even shout at her own mother, my landlady, in some occasions. If only she could evict that guy with his family instead. Biruin mo, may pamilya na, eh, pumipisan pa sa magulang. At siya pa ang mayabang ha! Pasaway talaga...)

After he left the house (Magpapalamig lang daw siya... Duh, it's only his excuse to drink more!!!!), I decided abrupty to pack up and leave without haste.

It was really a hearwretching experience though, since I have loved the place (except for that guy and his uncontrollable daughter na halatang nagmana sa kanya), and I have loved my landlady, treating her as my own nanay. I almost cried when I saw nanay sobbing a bit, removing her tears with her hand. But I would rather leave rather than give more problems to her if I continue to stay in that house.

After renting a tricycle, I bade my goodbye to my kind landlady and went off to the Math Building to sleep there.

It was really a terrible, forgettable experience.

I still have this angst and heaviness inside me, but I have to move on. Got to collect myself again and find another place to stay before January.

Thanks to Ate Rhea (Pastoral office) for responding to my text message of alarm. Thanks a lot to my churchmates -- Ate Boots, Angie, Jepoy with his friend Limuel -- for the concern, sympathy, and cheers.

Thanks, nanay, for the wonderful years I stayed in your house.

Thank you, O Lord, for guiding me amidst this crisis. Thanks for your presence....

And for you -- yes, you, the mayabang guy who still has a pending SDT case -- GROW UP! >_<

No comments: