Sunday, March 06, 2005

My First Day of Being A 27-year Old

Today is my birthday....

Yup, I turned a year older today.

And as if the word older is not enough, I turn 27 years old today.

I still can't believe it...27 years. Matanda na ako! But I'm not that worried. I am just fascinated...whoa, I survived for that long? Time really flies that fast!

Twenty-seven years ago, my mom was on labor inside the operating room of the Manila Medical Center, risking her life in the process. Twenty-seven years after, here is her son teaching in the Mathematics Department in UP Diliman. And in between 1978 and 2005, so many things happened in the life of her son, which made him what he is now....

I thank God for this gift of a new beginning. Not all people are really that fortunate to have the chance to reach 27 years old. I owe this to Him. Thank you, Lord!

I also thank those people whom I was with for the past 26 years, for guiding me, for being my friends, for influencing me. I owe so much to all of you guys. Thanks a lot!

Well, I'm happy to be a year older, but this mean that I will face another year of challenges and trials in my life. I just need to be strong and continue to have faith.

I'm now 27...and I'm happy to be 27. ^_^

P.S. One problem I still have: I'm already 27 but still don't have a girlfriend....Well, so much for that.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wehehe... ^_^ *hug*