Friday, November 21, 2008

Gibey's Sudden Freelance Venture: Mathematical Typestter and Copy Reader!


I don't know if I'm just having a delusional attack because of a bad cold, or I am just too desperate to get a source of income, but I decided to put up an ad in the 88DB Service Portal website (http://ph.88db.com/). All of a sudden, I want to offer my skills in typesetting and copy reading documents with mathematical equations and expressions using Mathtype/Equation Editor and LaTeX.

The idea of offering my service in helping those having difficulty typing things with equations and any mathematical symbol just popped up while nursing my bad cold I have since Monday. Because of boredom I suddenly went to my suking internet shop to just download anime and look for possible job opening, but the thought of being a freelance Math typesetter crossed my mind when I visited the 88DB website and read ads offering services by freelancers. Thus, I decided to sign up in the website and put up this ad:

Having trouble with your documents involving Math symbols and equations?

Let someone help you typeset, copyread, or proofread your papers that involve mathematical equations, formulae, or expressions, at reasonable rates!

Also ideal for teachers who have difficulty typing their Math exams and Math textbook authors who want their manuscripts typed with equations in them.

Also offering typesetting using basic LaTeX and copyreading/editing LaTeX codes (for student papers and teacher documents only).

This service will be initially available within Metro Manila.

For inquiries, please contact Mr. Gilbert Joseph Abueg at 09159083521 or e-mail gjnabueg@yahoo.com.

NOTE: Mr. Abueg has taught college Mathematics in the University of the Philippines-Diliman for 5 years (June 2003- May 2008) and currently finishing his Master of Arts degree in Mathematics, also in UP Diliman. He also has 2 years experience in proofreading math textbooks and typestting equations for textbooks using Mathtype in a local publishing company (2002-2003), and has used LaTeX for 3 years while teaching.

I don't know if this will really work, especially that there are other people offering proofreading services ( I read many of them in the 88DB website). I just thought that my service is a different thing because it involves two things I like: mathematics and typesetting things with math.

Good luck to my freelance "career" :p


No comments: