Monday, October 25, 2004

Removals, Billiards, and Lumpia

Some snippets of what I had experienced today....

Removal Rip Off

A supposed day in a seminar turned out to be different.

Because a co-teacher can't make it in proctoring in the removal exam this afternoon, she chose me to take her place.

It was my first time to proctor a removal exam... and Math 54 pa. I was a bit uneasy at first but things went on smoothly. I got to know the requisites for taking such exam and how to handle the proctoring job.

Being a bit bored from looking at the examinees and reading Sherlock Holmes, I roamed around to chat with co-teachers and peep at the rooms of my students who took the removals. I gave them either a smile, a thumbs up, or a whisper of "kaya mo 'yan!". What really made me smile, though, was when Prof. Ocampo went inside the Math 53 exam room, approached her student and gave her a rub of encouragement. Wow...such a touching sight. ^_^

Free Food!

After the removal exam, we had a share of some free pizza and spaghetti from co-teachers who celebrated their birthdays: Marc and Rose. Happy birthday sa inyo and thanks for the free food! It was a free lunch for me wehehehe.....^_^

Billiards Boo-boo

After meeting with a tutee after the removals, I decided to join a few colleagues in playing billiards at the AMF Puyat Center in Ever Gotesco Commonwealth. It was a treat from my friend Chris who (finally) got his much-awaited salary as a new instructor. Aside from Chris and I, Laarni, Romar, Marc, and Gerard joined the fray to play 8-ball billiards.

It was really my first time in playing billiards (well, it was my first time going to a billiards playing zone), and it really showed while we played! I either miss hitting the ball or even making the white ball jump! I really would want to melt, especially when I bungle a supposedly easy shot, but I survived such embarrassing experience because of the laughters and jokes that all of us threw to each other while playing. We really had fun and had much laughs about how we play (especially during my turn, hehehe....)

Chillin' at Chowking

After hitting balls on the the billiards table, we went to Chowking to hit the tables for dinner. It was my first time in years(!) to eat at Chowking Ever Commonwealth. If I'm not mistaked, I ate there when I was a still a tutor for this tutorial company whose office is near that mall).

We had fun eating and talking and watching Laarni eating her Lauriat in a snail's pace.... I also got to eat my favorite lumpiang shanghai meal, but got a bit disappointed with the fried rice...at any rate, it was still a good meal, with some good laughs in between....

Well, to sum things up: I really enjoyed my day today ^_^.

No comments: